Surfshark's dark mode is easy on your eyes (Image credit: Surfshark). App-related improvements include WireGuard support on the mobile apps, an 'automatic protocol' option if you'd prefer the app. Surfshark Search A powerful & lightweight search tool that only displays purely organic results. Perform web search queries in complete privacy with no ads, no logs, and no trackers. Turn on the real incognito mode.
|Available in||English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Ukrainian, Turkish.|
|Type||Virtual private network|
Surfshark is a virtual private network (VPN) service provider company based in the British Virgin Islands (BVI).Surfshark offers products such as a virtual private network (VPN) service, a data leak detection system, and a private search tool.
Surfshark was launched in 2018 by introducing its first VPN application for iOS devices. In 2018, Surfshark underwent an external audit by a German cybersecurity firm Cure53., but just for their browser extensions
In September 2019, Surfshark launched an Android app called Trust DNS. The app works as a DNS resolver that can provide access to websites in highly restrictive countries. In October 2019, Surfshark became one of the first ten VPN packages to receive an official seal of approval granted by an independent IT-Security Institute AV-TEST. In 2020, Surfshark named the best VPN of 2020 by CNN.
In its applications, Surfshark uses IKEv2, OpenVPN, Shadowsocks, and WireGuard tunneling protocols. All data transferred via Surfshark servers is encrypted using an AES-256-GCM encryption standard.
In July 2020, Surfshark announced its entire server network is running on RAM-only servers.Surfshark VPN service comes with a Kill Switch, a Double VPN feature called MultiHop, and a split-tunneling feature (Whitelister). It also offers an ad and malware prevention feature CleanWeb that blocks ads on the DNS level.
In December 2019, Surfshark implemented GPS-Spoofing for Android, allowing users to hide their device’s physical geo-location by changing it to one of the server’s locations.
- ^Williams, Mike. 'Surfshark VPN review'. TechRadar.
- ^'Surfshark VPN Review'. PCMag.
- ^'Surfshark Review: 7 Pros & 2 Cons, Speed Test Results'. WHSR. 2020-07-29. Retrieved 2021-02-17.
- ^'Surfshark VPN Review'. IGN.
- ^Spadafora, Anthony. 'Surfshark launches free Trust DNS app'. TechRadar.
- ^Levin, Benjamin (5 November 2020). 'The best VPN of 2020'. CNN.
- ^'6 VPNs for Your Business or Side Hustle, on Sale Today'. Entrepreneur. 29 December 2020.
- ^Spadafora, Anthony. 'Surfshark boosts VPN security by going completely diskless'. TechRadar.
- ^Martin, Jim. 'Surfshark scraps hard disks & is now 100% RAM in its VPN servers'. Tech Advisor.
- ^Parker, Jacob. 'Surfshark review: can a VPN this cheap really be good?'. T3.
- ^Hodge, Rae. 'Surfshark VPN review: Competitive pricing and blazing speeds from this upstart service'. CNET.
- ^Spadafora, Anthony. 'This Android VPN is now able to disguise your GPS location'. TechRadar.