- Sony A6000 Shutter Count Online
- Check Shutter Count Sony
- Shutter Count On Sony
- Sony Shutter Count Online Nline
A simple tool to check Sony A7iii shutter life
Sony A6100 Shutter Count: Online Actuations Checker. Sony A6100 shutter count. Sony embeds information on the number of actuations that the shutter of a A6100 has undertaken in EXIF data. These metadata are saved alongside each and every image file. Apr 10, 2021 Sony A100, Sony 18-70 3.5-5.6 Sony NEX 5 body. My 18 year old 1Ds includes shutter count in the EXIF but my slightly younger 20D does not and I would like to know.
- SONY Alpha shutter/image counter. This tool will provide the number of shutter actuations that the camera has made up to the file in question. ONLY ORIGINAL JPG or ARW files STRAIGHT from the camera will work. Any photo editing software will damage this data.
- Shutter life ratings differ across cameras. Most modern interchangeable lens cameras, such as the Sony A6000, have shutters that support at least 100 000 actuations. Semi-pro models, such as the Sony A6500, are rated for about 200 000 shots, while professional cameras, such as the Sony A7R III, have shutters that can sustain 500 000 actuations.
The easiest way to find the shutter count on the Sony A7iii camera is by using the free tool Exiftool. This command line utility works on both Windows and MacOS computers. First, download either the Windows executable or MacOS package from Phil Harvey’s website. Then follow the instruction on the site to setup the tool. Next, take a photo with your A7iii and copy it to your computer. On a Windows command prompt or a Mac terminal window, run the exiftool command and pass the name of your image to it. For example, on a windows command prompt, it will look like this:
As you can see, the tool extracts information from an image file taken with the Sony A7iii. About two third of the way down, you will see a line with the keyword “Image Count”, as seen on the following screen shot:
The camera used to take this example image has a shutter count of 1392. You may have notice that there are 2 other rows with the “Image Count” keyword, and they all display the same shutter count value. To my knowledge they always show identical values.
Sony A6000 Shutter Count Online
Any alternative and free tools?
Check Shutter Count Sony
Another free tool for checking Sony camera shutter count is picmeta. I have have seen it working on previous Sony cameras such as the A7ii and A6300. It is a Windows based visual tool and it is even easier to use than exiftool. Unfortunately it does not report shutter count for the A7iii - it displays zeros all the time.
Olympus camera shutter actuations information can be retrieved with a secret menu build in. To access this menuand view your olympus camera shutter count you must do this following instruction carefully.
- Power up your camera and turn it on
- Make sure your memory card door is open
- At the same moment press “PLAY” +”OK” together at once
- Press up, down, left and then right
- Press the shutter release button
- Press menu navigation buttons menu nav buttion AF (Right) again
Shutter Count On Sony
Sony Shutter Count Online Nline
Olympus E-5 with Durable high-speed shutter tested to 150,000 releases