Plex brings together all the media that matters to you. Your personal collection will look beautiful alongside stellar streaming content. Enjoy Live TV & DVR, a growing catalog of great web shows, news, and podcasts. It's finally possible to enjoy all the media you love in a single app, on any device, no matter where you are.
The best VPN for Plex helps you circumvent geographical restrictions, avoid DNS censorship, avoid ISP throttling which slows your connection down when you attempt to access streaming videos.
In addition to playing digital music and video files you already own and browsing your digital photo collections, Plex also supports plug-ins that allow you to watch content from popular sources like Comedy Central and MTV.
- Netgear Nighthawk Does Plex Work With Nordvpn AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router R7000 Amazon Alexa Compatible. In this article, we’ll take you through Does Plex Work With Nordvpn Tunnelbear vs Surfeasy comparison. We will address the common perception of each of the two VPNs.
- To use PLEX with a VPN you need a VPN that port forwards, I've never used it myself, but somebody on this subreddit said NordVPN don't, so that's probably the problem. Some VPNs only forward through certain nodes as well, so even with a company that does they may not forward through all possibilities.
Top 5 VPNs for Plex
- ExpressVPN - Our choice
- NordVPN - Dedicated IP address
- CyberGhost - For beginners
- Surfshark - Unlimited device connections
- IPVanish - Zero traffic logs
Here's the 5 best VPNs for Plex you'll be using in 2021, that have great security, lots of servers around the world, fast VPN connection speeds, support for a variety of operating systems, and will be compatible with a variety of devices.
When using a VPN, it's a relatively simple setup process. You simply need to enter an IP address or computer name (if you're not already doing so) and you're good to go.
- Bypasses the Great Firewall of China
- High speeds
- No activity connection logs
- User-friendly interface
- Simultaneous connections of up to 3 devices
- Power-users configuration options
Verdict:ExpressVPN for Plex is a great program to use if you are going to use your Plex Media Server. This program works by allowing you to connect to your Plex Server with an IP address, rather than your normal web browser. It also works extremely well with other types of servers as well, such as Netflix.
Because this process allows you to bypass your normal web browser and connect directly to your Plex server, it can provide you with a lot of advantages, as well as giving you access to your movies, music, and TV shows in a very secure manner.
- Strict no logs policy with Onion Over VPN
- Great customer service via chat.
- Superfast servers
- Stable connections
- Fluctuating speeds on some servers
- Desktop app can be awkward to use
- Price is high
Verdict: Using NordVPN, you have the ability to connect from any location in the world so you are able to watch any movies from anywhere at any time.
Another feature of the NordVPN that you will find useful is that you are able to use any operating system, because it is designed to work with a variety of devices, including Windows, Linux, and MacOS.
- Highly secure
- Fast enough to stream in 4K
- 7 simultaneous connections
- 24/7 live chat support
- Limited trial is only for one day
- Automatic server selection can be unreliable
- Certain servers are very slow
Verdict: CyberGhost allows you to change your IP address and securely encrypt your internet connection. This will allow you to watch videos in Plex even on public WiFi networks without fear of the safety of your personal data, as well as protect yourself from spying by the owners of the sites you visit, online spies or advertising companies. Also, the program can block malicious sites.
The program provides data encryption using the currently most reliable AES-256 algorithm. This means that with its help you can protect any of your data.
- Over 1,700 servers
- Kill switch in all apps
- Solid speeds on nearby servers
- Works with: YouTube TV, Netflix, Hulu
- Some slow speeds
- Weak social media presence
- Bad customer service
Verdict: Surfshark is a reliable VPN for Plex as well as VPN for Netflix that offers you a variety of online activities and provides you with the latest and greatest security and protection. Surfshark is recommended by many people for its unique features and the ease of use it provides you.
It comes with parental controls and other unique features that provide you with total control over your internet activities. It also comes with a free web portal and an email management tool. Surfshark also comes with secure FTP access that allows you to remotely connect to your server.
- 256-bit encryption
- 24/7 customer support
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- Doesn’t reliably unblock Netflix, Hulu
- Customer support is bad
- Cooperated with the FBI on logs
Verdict: The basic idea of this VPN for Plex is that, when the computer connects to the VPN server, he/she will see a different IP address. This means that the computer can access the internet at a different location. That is why the computer will think it is on a different IP than the actual location of its computer.
Plex Behind Nordvpn
Among the special functions of the program is the so-called Kill Switch. It automatically stops the transmission of traffic if problems arise on the data transmission channel that reduces its safety.
Server Version#: 4.47.3
NordVPN recently added the split tunneling feature to their windows application with version 188.8.131.52. A long awaited feature, i added the plex server to the VPN exclusion list so plex would not go through the VPN. everything works, remote access works fine, streams are good. the issue is when the vpn is up, i can’t access the server settings, even if I’m actually on the server. When i take the VPN down, all is well again.
Plex Nordvpn Download
Has anyone played with nords split tunnel and encountered this? Any suggestions would be great