This example of a persuasive speech and its outline about Benjamin Franklin's discovery (or non-discovery as the case may be) of electricity should give you an idea of how to structure your speech,
- Persuasive Speech Outline Example Purdue Owl
- Persuasive Speech Outline Example On Texting While Driving
Persuasive Speech Outline The Importance of Recycling Pages: 2 (368 words) Should recycling be mandatory Pages: 2 (494 words) Persuasive Speech Outline (Using Monroe's Motivated Sequence Pages: 2 (353 words) Persuasive Speech Outline: People Cannot Accept Themselves Pages: 2. Persuasive Speech on Texting While Driving Outline. Opening Statement. A strong opening, such as statistics of fact concerning the number of people who text while driving, will do. You can also point out some members of the audience who are texting at that moment. Stating your argument; Come up with at least four themes to discuss in your texting and driving persuasive speech. Examples can be: It is illegal; It distracts.
It's a whole lot easier to sit down and write on a topic if you have it properly formatted before you begin.
This example of a persuasive speech and its outline about Benjamin Franklin's discovery (or non-discovery as the case may be) of electricity should give you an idea of how to structure your speech, It's a whole lot easier to sit down and write on a topic if you have it properly formatted before you begin. Without a proper outline it's easy to lose track of the points you want to make in the order you want to make them. 4+ Persuasive Speech Examples & Samples in DOC According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, persuasion is “the act of causing people to do or believe something”. It is the ability to convince somebody to believe an opinion or theory and/or act on that belief. Jun 14, 2019 Persuasive Speech on Abortion Keep in mind that these essays are for inspiration only and we don’t recommend using them for your college assignments. If you would like to get a great custom written essay, order it from us today.
Without a proper outline it's easy to lose track of the points you want to make in the order you want to make them.
This speech is light-hearted - almost jokey in places - so be sure to adopt a tone that's relevant to YOUR subject. Nevertheless, it gives you an idea of how to organize your thoughts.
Putting in the work of writing a persuasive speech outline allows you to write your presentation much more quickly and efficiently. It's actually much easier to write an outline than a full-blown speech, so give it a try!
Beginning of a Persuasive Speech & Outline
- In history we are told amazing stories about amazing things and amazing people.
- Like hurricane Katrina, 9/11, Pearl Harbor , and the big bang theory.
- Have you ever wondered if there's more to these events than we are told, or if they're even true?
- Today I am going to persuade and prove to you all that Ben Franklin is a big fat phony!
- I will prove three things about Bennie:
- How hard it is to attract a lightning bolt,
- The method he used could not work, and
- Ben Franklin did not discover electricity.
So now that I've told you the three things I will prove, let's start with the first one.
I. How hard is it to attract lightning.
A. You have to have something that attracts lightning.
- Some type of metal would work fine.
- Pointing something sharp and pointy up at the sky.
B. You have to be at the right spot at the right time.
Persuasive Speech Outline Example Purdue Owl
- You have to be at a spot that is surrounded by lightning and it has to be high.
- You have to be outside when it is raining and there is lightning outside.
Now we know the conditions that have to be in effect, which leads me to my next point.
II. Ben's method couldn't work.
A. A kite back in those days couldn't fly in the rain.
- Kites back in the day were made pretty weak
- Kites were made out of thin paper and wooden sticks, so they couldn't fly in the rain.
B. A key and a plain glass jar couldn't hold lightning.
- A regular metal key is not strong enough to stop lightning in its tracks to go in a jar.
- A jar could not hold lightning and start glowing in a way that electricity does.
So now that you know that, I'll move on to my next point of proof.
III. Ben Franklin did not discover electricity.
A. He would have died if his kite had caught lightning.
- The lightning would have gone down the string and shocked him to death
- I know he didn't know about plastic and being grounded.
B. There is no evidence that he did it.
- There is no piece of the kite in the museum
- No key or pieces of the jar were saved.
- Ben Franklin may have done a lot of things, but he did not discover electricity.
- I have proven that it is hard to attract lightning, that Bennie's method couldn't work, and - last but not least - that Bennie did not discover electricity.
- I know what you're thinking... if he didn't discover electricity, then who did? But I'm not here to discuss that part, so who cares!
- So if you believe that he discovered electricity then I guess you also believe in the tooth fairy or Santa Claus.
Persuasive Speech Outline Example On Texting While Driving
End of a Persuasive Speech
Creating this type of outline for a persuasive speech has always helped me to write on my chosen topic a lot more quickly. Take the time to create an outline and you'll find that your speech flows more smoothly, particularly when you get up to present it to an audience!
A genuinely persuasive speech has logos, ethos, and pathos as explained by this video:
- > >
You might like these
Persuasive Speech on the Benefits of Requiring School Uniforms
Use this persuasive speech sample on having a mandatory school uniform policy to help you create a great persuasive presentation of your own.
Persuasive Speech Topics for Teens
Persuasive speech topics for teens address issues young people REALLY care about, ensuring a finished speech is interesting to write and compelling to listen.
Sample Persuasive Speech
This sample persuasive speech was sent in by a visitor. His passion for the topic just shines through, making this speech one that's likely to achieve its goal!
Recommended pages for topics, tips, brainstorming or examples:
Persuasive Speech Tips:
3 Tips for Writing a Speech That Gets Results
BST's Favorite Open Source and Free Mindmapping Software