LG Smart TV uses WebOS and not the Android OS, so there’s no Google Play Store that will help you install Kodi.
However, there is still a way to install Kodi on LG Smart TV and it is by using a Chromecast device, Amazon Fire TV Stick, a Roku device, and an Android TV Box.
Cast Iphone Onto Lg Tv
In this guide, I will be discussing how to install and use Kodi on LG Smart TV with 4 different methods.
To start using this wonderful too, just follow the simple steps and instructions on how to cast to LG TV from Android, start the mirroring process. Download, install, and Launch the application on both Android and PC.
- Share the apps and content from a mobile device up on the TV screen quickly and easily. LG Smart TV with Magic Mobile offers convenient ways to link compatible smartphones, tablets and more to the television using Bluetooth and Miracast™. Built-in Wi-Fi enables simple wireless video streaming. WebOS 3.0 delivers the Magic Mobile Connection, so you can stream all your favorite content wirelessly from your compatible smartphones and tablets via Bluetooth® and MiracastTM.
- 1: Plug in the Chromecast/FitPass HDMI to your TV. You will notice a screen appear that lists a WiFi network. 2: Simply swipe down on your screen and tap screen mirroring from the quick settings menu, then select the Fitpass/Chromecast WiFi network that pops up. This will mirror your entire device.
- Hi, this video shows you how to view your Android mobile cell phone on a LG Television using Screen Share. It is easy and quick to do. This feature is useful.
Since all of you know that Kodi is able to stream free movies and TV shows, therefore you’ve got to have a VPN installed on your device before streaming.
Surfshark VPN is our recommended choice since it works on unlimited devices with a single account and has strong encryption. It also gives you a 7-days free trial as well.
Can You Put Kodi on Smart TV?
No, unfortunately, there is no way you can put Kodi on LG Smart TV, but there are other ways to stream Kodi LG Smart TV as I will be discussing in this guide.
These methods will involve the use of Chromecast, FireStick, Android TV Box, and Roku.
How to Install Kodi on LG Smart TV
Here are a list of methods that will help you install and use Kodi on LG Smart TV:
Method 1: Stream Kodi on LG Smart TV Using Chromecast
Step 1: Make sure you have your smartphone and Smart TV connected to a similar network.
Step 2: Download and install Kodi in your Android Smartphone in order to play it on Smart TV.
Step 3: Once Kodi is installed, half of the procedure is completed.
Step 4: Install Chromecast on your Android Smartphone from Google Play Store.
Step 5: Go to Google Play > Search Google Home App > Click on Install > Wait for the application to be installed.
Step 6: Connect/ Pair Google Chromecast to LG Smart TV.
Step 7: Go to Google Home App in your phone > Click Cast Screen/Audio > Now the casting will begin and you can easily view Kodi on your LG Smart TV screen.
Method 2: Stream Kodi on LG Smart TV Using Amazon Fire TV Stick
Step 1: First you need to Plug Fire TV Stick device on your Samsung Smart TV
Step 2: Open FireStick Home and install Kodi on FireStick
Step 3: Once you install Kodi, go to Settings then on Applications
Step 4: Select Manage Installed Applications
Step 5: Choose Kodi from the list
Step 6: Then click Launch
Method 3: Stream Kodi on LG Smart TV Using Roku
Kodi can also be used on LG Smart TV through Roku as mentioned earlier. Here is the brief procedure:
Step 1: Install Kodi on your Smartphone or PC.
Step 2: Connect your device (Smartphone or PC that has Kodi installed) to Roku via an internet connection network.
Step 3: Open Roku Player Settings > System > Screen Mirroring > Enable Screen Mirroring option.
Step 4: Connect your PC/Smartphone to Roku by installing a mirroring application. After connection, you can easily enjoy Kodi on LG Smart TV.
Method 4: Stream Kodi Using Android TV Box
The answer to this question is simple and straightforward. You can install Kodi on LG 4K Smart TV using an Android TV box.
The task of installing Kodi on LG 4K Smart TV does not require any rocket science. Here is the list of steps you should follow to achieve your Kodi installation mission on LG 4K TV:
Step 1: Connect your Android TV box with your LG 4K Smart TV.
Step 2: From Android TV box, open Google Play Store and search for Kodi app.
Step 3: You should install the Kodi app on your Android TV box.
Step 4: The Kodi app will be installed automatically on your Android TV box.
Now, open Kodi and start watching your favorite media content on LG 4K Smart TV straightaway.
Kodi on LG Smart TV Upgrader
If you are using Kodi on LG Smart TV via Android device, then you can easily upgrade it by upgrading the version you have installed in your Android device.
However, if you are casting/mirroring Kodi on Smart TV using Roku, then you will have to update the Kodi version in both devices connected for casting/mirroring.
LG WebOS Kodi Alternative
The best alternative for LG WebOS Kodi is an Android Smart TV, reason being the ease of using Kodi.
Android devices have direct compatibility with the Android devices that is why Kodi can be directly downloaded and installed on any Android Smart TV without connecting any mirroring or casting devices.
Cast Onto Lg Tv App
Using Kodi on Smart TVs provide the entertainment experience of a completely new level. Many users hesitate in using Kodi on Smart TVs because of the complexity in installation, but they have no clue the experience that they miss. Smart TVs are always praised for the multimedia experience it provides. The interactive interface and the never ending possibilities are the reason users love Smart TVs.
Using Kodi on Smart TV is somewhat complex as compared to an Android-based Smart TV because it is WebOS based. Still, Kodi always has a way to entertain you and the geeks know it. We have provided a detailed insight on Kodi on LG Smart TV installation and other aspects, we hope you will be served well by it.
Two Workable Means for Screen Mirroring iPhone to LG TV
Cross-platform screen mirroring has already been integrated into mobile operations. In order to get more enjoyment from a larger screen, including screen mirroring iPhone to LG TV, iPhone users also stream iPhone to PC or other Android devices. Another recommended app that you can use is called ApowerMirror. Which is by far one of the most trusted screen mirroring software for both iOS and Android devices. To use the app is very easy, here is the detailed way to mirror iPhone to LG TV.
- You can install this program on your phone and PC.
- Get a “HDMI” cable to connect your TV to your PC. Now set your TV source in “HDMI”.
- This time start mirroring your phone to your PC by clicking the blue “M” button and tap “phone screen mirroring”.
- This time, swipe up to your control panel and tap “Screen mirroring” and finally tap the name of your TV. From there your phone will be mirrored on your TV.
How To Cast My Iphone Onto Lg Tv
Cast Onto Lg Tv Remote
Next up, we got LetsView. If you are looking for a simple and easy to use interface to mirror your LG phone to your TV, this is one good app that you can consider. It is one of the most recommended tools because not only it can mirror your phone, it can also screen record, screen capture and annotate. These features are genuinely free and do not require any registration nor premium purchase like other tools. There is no other tool that offers the same kind of service for free. Get LetsView on your phone now and follow the instruction to mirror iPhone to LG TV:
Use the download button below to download the app on your PC. On your phone, go to your Playstore and get the app from there.
- Now connect your PC and your phone under the same Wi-Fi network. Also, prepare your HDMI cable to connect on your TV.
- Now, launch the app on your phone and PC. Once the name of your PC appears on your phone, tap it and the mirroring will begin.
- Finally set your TV source to HDMI 1 or 2 and plug the HDMI cable to your TV and PC. This way your phone will be mirrored on your LG TV.
Video TV Cast – Mirror iPhone to LG Smart TV
Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV is an app specially designed for iPhone and iPad. You can use this software to browse the web and mirror any online video, web movies, live shows etc. from your iPhone to your LG TV. It supports different formats such as MP4, M3U8, HLS live streams. Now let’s take a good look at the following steps on how to mirror iPhone to LG TV.
- Search Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV on your iPhone and then, launch it.
- Open your TV and launch “TV cast”. Ensure your iPhone and LG TV are under the same Wi-Fi network.
- Use your TV’s remote control to open “LG Content Store” and you can find the same TV & Cast on the right side of the screen.
- Configure the app on TV by filling the IP address shown on your iPhone.
- Click “OK” to connect iPhone to LG.
- Select a video you want to mirror on your LG TV, tap the link to cast and then you can simply cast your iPhone videos to LG TV. This app supports all major video websites and countless others.
You can stream high-quality video directly from your iPhone to a big TV screen via the above method. However, please remember that Video & TV Cast for LG Smart TV does not support iTunes movies, DRM protected videos or Flash videos. Also, this app only streams the video part of a website rather than the entire website content.
Cast Onto Lg Tv Without
LG TV Plus – Screen Mirroring iPhone to LG TV
LG TV Plus is a must-have app that you can use to browse and play your smart TV with your iPhone. This app features TV controller, Touch pad, Launcher, Search and other useful functions. This app works with 14 webOS-enabled LG TVs. After setting your TV and mobile device to the same Wi-Fi network, you can use it to mirror iPhone to LG TV, control your TV with iPhone, enjoy photos, music, and videos from your iPhone on a large screen. For any iPhone with iOS 6.1 or later version, you can share iPhone contents on LG TV with this software.
How To Cast Apple Tv Onto Lg Tv
All tools mentioned above are helpful when it comes to mirroring your device to your LG TV. You just need to check which tool will give you more benefit. You can also try them all to make smart choices. If you have suggestions or questions about this article, please leave us a comment below, under the comment section.